Government Relations at York has a dual mandate – to cultivate and enhance strategic relationships with elected and non-elected officials at all levels of government and to advance York’s institutional priorities and vision in the process.
In so doing, Government Relations at York University enhances awareness among decision-makers and influencers of our unique strengths and objectives while promoting a broader understanding of our university community, its complexities and operational requirements.
Principal areas of responsibility for the Government Relations function at York University
- Strategy and advocacy in advancing institutional needs and objectives with government
- Providing research, advice and analysis on developments in government that have direct or indirect impact on York’s agenda with government
- Interface with peer PSE institutions, sector bodies such as the Association of Universities and Colleges Canada (AUCC), the Council of Ontario Universities (COU)
- Identifying and cultivating partnerships with external stakeholder and allied organizations
- Generating communications and submissions to government