The newly created role of Vice-President, Equity, People & Culture (VP, EP&C) reports directly to the President and Vice-Chancellor, reflecting the strategic importance of this portfolio, the responsibilities of which have until now resided in several areas of the University. The Vice-President, Equity, People & Culture will lead a team including the AVP of Labour Relations and the AVP of Human Resources. Searches for these two positions are also currently underway.
A member of the University’s leadership team, the Vice-President, EP&C will ensure that employees, organizational culture and principles of equity are key considerations in developing and implementing the University’s strategy, priorities, policies and operating principles. The Vice-President will lead the development and execution of a progressive, effective EP&C strategy and structure that will advance the University’s mission and cultivate an equitable, inclusive, respectful and healthy work environment and positive organizational culture.
Additional information on each of these positions is available through the following links:
The Equity, People & Culture position and the structure of the portfolio have been developed following extensive consultation over the past year. Members of the University community are welcome to share perspectives with the search committee by emailing the search consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org; below are some questions to consider:
- What are two or three particular strengths of York University upon which the VP, EP&C and the AVPs of HR and LR should continue to build?
- What challenges and opportunities do you see for the VP, EP&C and the AVPs of HR and LR?
- What should be the short- and/or long-term priorities for the VP, EP&C and the AVPs of HR and LR?
- What experience and attributes should York University be seeking in the VP, EP&C and/or the AVPs of HR and LR?
- The Search Committee for the Vice-President, Equity, People and Culture met in October to launch the search. Advertising for the search is ongoing with a second meeting for the Committee scheduled for mid-November.
- The Search Committee for the AVP, Labour Relations met in early November to launch the search. Advertising for the search began in early November and is ongoing. The Committee has reviewed a draft role profile and will meet again within the next few weeks.
- The Search Committee for the AVP, Human Resources met in early November to launch the search. Advertising for the search began in early November and is ongoing. The Committee has reviewed a draft role profile and will meet again within the next few weeks.