Designed to provide York students with a unique perspective on the University community, the President’s Ambassador Program offers opportunities for current students to serve as representatives of the University and to share their experiences as York students with fellow students, staff, faculty and alumni.
To request a President's Ambassador to attend your event, join your committee, or participate in another activity please complete this form.
Students selected for the program have previously attended institutional and community events, like the musical Come From Away and the York Circle lecture series, and met with President Lenton to discuss campus issues.
One student who participated in the program said the experience “was a really great way to explore the aspects of the University that we don’t see in the classroom. From research to alumni, to volunteer opportunities, it was so great to see the ways the University makes an impact in the local and global community.”
Undergraduate and graduate student leaders who are in their second year of study or higher are invited to apply. Students entering their first year will be invited to apply for the program in December 2019.
The responsibilities of a student ambassador are:
- Attending a training session at the beginning of each academic term;
- Attending a minimum of one event/activity per month, as required;
- Serving as a representative of the University;
- Attending meetings with President Lenton four times per academic year;
- Inviting an emerging leader to attend the year-end reception to help inspire a new cohort of potential program participants.
Students who successfully complete the program requirements will receive an honorarium of $250 to thank them for their participation in the program at the end of each of the two semesters, and a letter of recognition from the president.